All I want for Christmas is…
- For our children to have ‘visions of sugar plums and zeppole’ as they anxiously await Santa
- For more of us to understand the significance of the Panettone and how Italians gift it with love
- That the Post Office treats your Christmas cards and gifts better than the delivery of our newspaper
- For Santa to know that if I was naughty, it must have been worth it!
- For Boston Red Sox great Dom DiMaggio and New York Met star John Franco to be inducted into Baseball’s Hall of Fame
- For people to say ‘Espresso’ and not ‘Expresso’
- For all of those who ‘promised’ to leave the country if Donald Trump was elected President to ‘keep their promises!
- That I will not have to assemble any gifts and that no batteries are required in the others!
- For all of us to remember our liberty and freedom did not come without a cost and we should remember those who are serving and those who did serve in our Armed Forces
- For all of you to decorate your Christmas trees without tangled lights and broken ornaments
- For St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to find a cure for childhood cancers
- For Christopher Columbus to be celebrated for truly opening a new world to a cultured and civilized influence
- For all of us to make an effort to learn and speak the Italian language
- For all of us to wish one another a Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays – don’t take Christ out of Christmas!
- For Italian Americans to visit Italy and experience the wonders of the birth place of their ancestors
- For no one to be ‘Claus-trophobic’ this Christmas
- For all of us to celebrate the birth of Our Lord without maxing out our credit cards!
- For everyone to remember that the best Christmas was the first Christmas and one of the most important lists we make is the list of our Blessings
To all of you, our cherished readers, my staff and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Thank you and the best to your families from me and my wife.